What are our goals as parents? We believe that it is not only to be 'tall trees' ourselves, planted firmly by streams of living water, rooted deeply in the Lord, but also to raise up 'tall trees' of our precious children. That's what we're trying to do around here, and we'd like to share with you just some of the things we're doing as a family on our journey of growth in the Lord. We hope you enjoy the adventures!

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

So... my computer is starting over from 2005... Arggg....

Actually, I could go on and on and on about how in the process of trying to fix my drivers on my computer that I instead made things worse, and then about how I had to "wipe" my hard drive and start over from when I originally purchased this thing in 2005, but... I'll just skip all the part about staying up 4 nights in a row until almost 4 am working on backing up data and restoring my system and updating 4 years worth of programs.

Instead, I'll tell you that our trip to Southern Oregon was great. The weather was better than it had been predicted to be for the whole trip and everyone got to do a whole lot of nothing (very nice) and the boys also got to play, play, play!!! While we were down there we cut and wrapped and processed Nathanael's elk, put it in the freezer and brought it all home ready to eat! We also cut a load of firewood to bring home, getting our supply ready for next winter. The part about it all that made it fun is that we all caravanned out to the back of my Dad's place on 4-wheelers with trailers in tow, then as my dad fell the trees and cut them up, Charles split them, I loaded and we all trooped home. In two trips we had all that our stout, medium-sized trailer could haul home, and it was only a couple hours after we started!

The real bonus of the trip was Wednesday when Charles and I took a walk all around my old home (80 acres worth) and I related stories about the different times I did what silly things when and where. As we came down the hill towards the house at the end of our tour, I decided to stop at an outcropping of granite that overlooks the house and the small valley that my Dad's house sits in. The sun was shining, temperatures were in the high 60's to low 70's, we were warm after our walk, and we sat down on the rock to enjoy more of the sunshine. I'm not quite sure what overtook me, but I laid back... and that's the end of the story! No, but what we actually did was take a long nap on the ground in the Springtime sunshine! Occasionally we'd hear the boys yelling in the back yard as they played and we'd look down long enough to see that they were just having fun and then would drift back to sleep! It was such a blessing to just totally relax and have no demands on our time. I almost felt like I was 12 again, spending a spring day out and about, just doing whatever I wanted! And then on the way home down the hill from there, I went barefoot, and I felt just like a silly school girl again! Ooohhh.... I had a good time while down south!

No comments:

Post a Comment