Friday, April 24, 2009
Has it really been that long?
Well, since I finally checked my blog and realized that it's been a little over 3 weeks since I've written, I decided that I better tell you all that I'm still alive and that we're all doing fine!
In brief: We traveled back to Southern Oregon the Saturday night before Easter and stayed through Monday morning, arriving in back in Gresham in time for Mikael's practice at the batting cages. Between baseball practices and games, we're pretty swamped, and then add in Wednesday morning Bible Study, Theology class and church service on Sunday, Friday School (homeschool co-op) on Friday:) and then occasional entertaining and play dates. Oh, and I forgot to mention that we're trying to get a garden in, meaning that we tilled up the sod and are trying to amend the soil, plot it out and also build 2 large raised beds and one large planter (2'x 2'x 12'), and then of course, plant it. Oh... and we're doing a bit of work on the back porch - installing a post and beam system from which we'll hang our porch swing.
I think that pretty much covers what has kept me away from my blog for the past 3 weeks. So, now a positive update. For those of you who know about our situation, you would know that it's tenuous at best. The Sandy Hatchery had lost all funding beyond June 30, 2009 and would be shutting down and we would be moving again to who knows where, yet, we know that God is sovereign and He can and will do what He chooses. It's our job to get our will in line with His and rest in His care. I'm sorry to say that I wasn't resting nearly as well as I should, but God is faithful always, especially when I can't deserve it! Tuesday of this week we found out that our funding is back and we will not be moving!!!!
In case you don't know me well enough yet, I really don't like the whole "move" thing. It just throws my life into chaos, and despite having chaos in my life at frequent intervals, I despise it.
Anyway, looks like I'll be blogging from Sandy, Oregon for a while. What a relief for me! The boys both cheered, as well, when they heard the news. Now I can garden and landscape for the long-run. The boys can make friends without fearing they will lose them shortly, and we can all heave a collective (might I add, faithless) sigh of relief.
Well, Friday School is quickly approaching and I still need to get everything loaded up, so I'll go for now, but try not to take 3 weeks to post again:)
In brief: We traveled back to Southern Oregon the Saturday night before Easter and stayed through Monday morning, arriving in back in Gresham in time for Mikael's practice at the batting cages. Between baseball practices and games, we're pretty swamped, and then add in Wednesday morning Bible Study, Theology class and church service on Sunday, Friday School (homeschool co-op) on Friday:) and then occasional entertaining and play dates. Oh, and I forgot to mention that we're trying to get a garden in, meaning that we tilled up the sod and are trying to amend the soil, plot it out and also build 2 large raised beds and one large planter (2'x 2'x 12'), and then of course, plant it. Oh... and we're doing a bit of work on the back porch - installing a post and beam system from which we'll hang our porch swing.
I think that pretty much covers what has kept me away from my blog for the past 3 weeks. So, now a positive update. For those of you who know about our situation, you would know that it's tenuous at best. The Sandy Hatchery had lost all funding beyond June 30, 2009 and would be shutting down and we would be moving again to who knows where, yet, we know that God is sovereign and He can and will do what He chooses. It's our job to get our will in line with His and rest in His care. I'm sorry to say that I wasn't resting nearly as well as I should, but God is faithful always, especially when I can't deserve it! Tuesday of this week we found out that our funding is back and we will not be moving!!!!
In case you don't know me well enough yet, I really don't like the whole "move" thing. It just throws my life into chaos, and despite having chaos in my life at frequent intervals, I despise it.
Anyway, looks like I'll be blogging from Sandy, Oregon for a while. What a relief for me! The boys both cheered, as well, when they heard the news. Now I can garden and landscape for the long-run. The boys can make friends without fearing they will lose them shortly, and we can all heave a collective (might I add, faithless) sigh of relief.
Well, Friday School is quickly approaching and I still need to get everything loaded up, so I'll go for now, but try not to take 3 weeks to post again:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment